Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Raw Cheese

Ok I admit I am a cheese-aholic. I find nothing better than warm gooey melted cheese. but lets get really its not good for me, or anyone for that matter. But i still needed a good raw substitute for my raw pizzas etc. So today I made a nice savory cheese that I think will fill the bill for anything. This cheese is a bit firmer than the ones I have tried in the past, which makes it sliceable. you can add ingredients and take away them to change the flavors. I did mine with a bit of garlic, because I love the stuff! You can make yours with out for a more mozzarella or cream cheese type.

Raw Cheese

1 Cup Soaked Cashes or Macadamia Nuts
1/4 Cup filtered water
3 TBS of Kambucha (Plain not flavored unless you want a fruity cheese.
3 TBS Olive oil
Juice from 1/2 lime
1/4-1/2 tSP salt to taste.
Optional 1/4 TSP garlic Powder
1/4 Cup Irish Moss Gel ( you can buy this or make you own by following this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lGEl_HBtPs )

Add everything except your olive oil, kumbucha, and water to your blender. Turn your blender on low and slowly add your water, kumbucha, and then olive oil. you may find you need a bit more to get it to blend depending on your blender. I use a Oster beehive, so I don't have the power that those using a Blendtec or Vitamix dose. Once your done blending this put it in a container that has a little olive oil rubbed on the inside and refrigerate until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment