Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Diabetes and Pregnancy

To be honest I fell off the raw wagon and went to eating a SAD diet again. SAD is standard American Diet. I got sick off of eating some sunflower seeds and skipped going back to raw.

As non-pregnant, I remained borderline diabetic. As pregnant I am now fully in trouble. My biggest problem is getting my fasting numbers down. I am averaging between 120 to as high as 147 in the mornings. My daytime numbers are in the "acceptable range" but they are talking about putting me on insulin. This alone scared me into wanting to go back on the Raw diet.

So while I have been doing it half way recently. Today is my first day completely raw again. Wish me luck! I will give you a low down of what i eat on a daily basis to help anyone else who is on a raw journey as well.

My fasting Blood sugar today was 137, my A1C as of Monday was 5.8, Blood Pressure was 123/90

Breakfast today was a Green Smoothie with flax and a handful of walnuts. I am still taking my prenatel vitamins. I know this is controversial to some, but I am unable to afford Organic veggies, so I feel its important. I am also taking 3,000 IU of vitamin D a day.

Lunch was a spinach salad with avacados, garlic, tomatoes, and walnuts.

Dinner another spinach salad with pico de gallo and avacado.

Snacks today were Almonds, Banana with raw almond butter.

I bought some Oputina fruit at the ranch market yesterday that are supposed to be good at lowering blood sugar so I am planning to eat one of those tonight before bed along with some more almonds for protien.

No comments:

Post a Comment