Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chili Lime Chips

Being a fan of spicy foods I have found that many recipes that I have come across of the whole 5 days I have been eating raw have been somewhat bland. Craving some chips to eat with my raw guacamole, I came up with the these lovelies....

Chili Lime Chips
 2 Medium Zucchini
1 lime
1/2 tsp garlic powder ( I know this may not be totally raw but work with me here)
1/8-1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper (more if you like it hot, less if you like it mild)
1/2 tsp of Sea Salt

Slice Zucchini about 1/8 inch or so think. Juice lime into a bowl and then toss zucchini in lime juice until coated and most of the juice is absorbed. Sprinkle on garlic, Cayenne, and sea salt and toss again to coat. Dehydrate in your dehydrator until dried. About 6-8 hours depending on what you use.
Serve with a big bowl of guacamole and your set to watch your favorite game or Fiesta!

No comments:

Post a Comment